driver installed that causes stability problems

legalrep 10:11 17 Feb 2008

I have just upgraded from xp pro to Vista Ultimate with the usual list of problems slowly working through them but have a problem with compatibility issues with a Roxio driver I have uninstalled the program but this driver is still there, there is a patch but the software needs to be installed I do not have the disk as it was preinstalled can anyone advice how to uninstall the driver, message as appears below.

When launching Windows Vista® with the above Roxio products installed, the following message appears:

Program Compatibility Assistant

This Driver is blocked due to compatibility issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website. If solutions are found, Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA
Publisher: Sonic Solutions

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

anskyber 10:20 17 Feb 2008

There is a patch which came to me from the Dell site, I had the same issue. I'll see if I can find it.

anskyber 10:21 17 Feb 2008
  legalrep 10:27 17 Feb 2008

hi anskyber many thanks i tried the patch trouble is I unistalled the software thinking that would help as I never used it anyway. The patch starts to load then says I need to reinstall the software before I can proceed, it came preinstalled and I have no disks!

anskyber 11:02 17 Feb 2008

You could, as I did simply stop the notification.

click here

anskyber 11:04 17 Feb 2008

take it out of your start up list. click here

legalrep 11:27 17 Feb 2008

Many thanks but Its not the program I'm getting the message for but the driver. Message as follows

This Driver is blocked due to compatibility issues

"Program Compatibility Assistant"

anskyber 11:53 17 Feb 2008

You could disable it, but obviously that function will not then work. click here or disable it in services. click here

legalrep 12:00 17 Feb 2008

had a look in disable services but can't see any freference to Roxio there I have deleated the software and am unable to reload as I don't have disks. Can I go into Reg and just delete all references to Roxio would that remove it?

legalrep 14:43 17 Feb 2008

Is it possible to do a system restore to before I deleted the Roxio software and copy the program and reinstal?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone