Driver install -- Error Message 0x80070725

telkell 16:43 29 Dec 2003

Can anyone help me resolve this. I have a new scanner and trying to install the driver from the supplied CD. The error message appears with the wording " Incompatible version of the RPC stub- set up will now terminate "
I have Win 98 SE, which Microsoft regard as obsolete and no longer support freely!

Jester2K 16:48 29 Dec 2003
  spikeychris 16:49 29 Dec 2003
  Gongoozler 16:50 29 Dec 2003

I found this an explanation of this problem on this site click here, it is referring to the installation of different software, but is relevant to installing most types of software on a Windows 98 system.

Microsoft no longer actively support Windows 98, but there is so much information on the web that active support is hardly necessary.

telkell 21:45 29 Dec 2003

Many thanks to all three of you!
It was a couple of hours before I looked for a reply, not realising that there were so many good friends standing by with almost instantaneous spot on advice, which I followed precisely and my new film and slide scanner is up and running perfectly.
This is a great place to come! Thanks again to
Jester2.spikeychris. and Gongoozler!

telkell 12:11 31 Dec 2003

This message is especially for my three helpers- Jester2, spikeychris, and Gongoozler. See my earlier posting on 9/10/03 called
"IE- hang up on subsidiary windows" because your solution did more than you knew!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?