Driver for foxconn motherboard

nosure 20:37 30 Apr 2005

hi
i have just formated my pc due to it being infested with spyware + viruses, but now i dont have any sound or modem, the pc has a foxconn motherboard but i am unsure what kind as i cant find any numbers on it, but on a chip it has SIS963Lua, and on another it has ITE IT8705f. i have a pentium 4 processer running at 3ghz with 512ram and a maxtor 40gig hdd. could someone please help as i cant play anything on it with out sound the sound is built into the board it self.
any help would be great thanks :)

Joe R 21:10 30 Apr 2005

nosure,

install this and run, then post back with the motherboard details. click here

nosure 20:23 01 May 2005

hi
ok ran that program and it said the following,
Main Circuit Board : board SiS-661
serial number : UL6N43409619
Bus clock: 200megahertz
Bios: Phoenix Technologies,LTD 6.00PG
8/26/2004.

dan11 20:31 01 May 2005

They are 3 boards with the 963l chipset. All with the prefix 661.

Try these click here

All 3 seem to use the same zipped drivers.

Stuartli 22:33 01 May 2005

Have the Sound and Modem been Disabled in the Bios by any chance?

When you start up the system press Delete/F2 or whatever it states to go into the Bios.

IIRC if you check Chipset Features or similar you will see if Sound and Modem have been disabled; if so Enable with the +/- key and then Save and Exit.

nosure 12:56 02 May 2005

hi
i went in to the bios but i couldnt find if the sound + modem were turned off i went in to the advanced chipset features but couldnt find any sign of them in there or anywhere else i think im doing something wrong.
i also went to the site that dan11 gave me and downloaded the drivers to disk but when i tried to put then on the pc it just kept saying access denied this is really getting on my nerves. any more ideas would be helpfull.
thanks

Joe R 13:10 02 May 2005

nosure,

in your bios, it should be in integrated peripherals.

If you highlight (using your arrow keys) anything that says onboard devices, (or similar) press your enter key, and you should be able to set it to enabled.

Save your settings and exit.

nosure 13:26 02 May 2005

hi joe
i went into integrated peripherials and found the following, onboard FDC controler : enabled.
onboard serial port : 3f8/IRQ4.
onboard parallel port : 378/IRQ
parallel port :spp
but no mention of sound or modem :)

Rayuk 13:47 02 May 2005

You may be betterdownloading Everest gives better descriptions for motherboard.
click here

Joe R 13:50 02 May 2005

noisure,

have you tried installing the drivers from dan11's link.?

If not download this one and try installing it.

I may be wrong but i,m pretty sure, you need souncard drivers installed before your modem will work.

click here

nosure 15:34 02 May 2005

hi
ok i downloaded both programs, everest came up with foxconn 661mo3-g, motherboard chipset sis661fx. it also siad it had an SiS 7012 audio device.but when i tried to install it from the sis audio driver site it wouldnt let me i would get so far then it said update driver fail -536870397 :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?