Driver for firewire pci card?

MichelleC 10:30 14 May 2003

Upgraded from 98 to w2k. Now there's only 1 driver to sort out - it's the pci device, firewire card. I've tried umteen ways to install drivers from various dv softwares, but no go. I've taken it out to identify and I don't know the make. The info is:

QC OK, CTB0622 - 07111, 394POC7869, 0003340, 230050C5, MADE IN TAIWAN. Where do i start?

norman47 10:53 14 May 2003

Hi there.

Do not know if this is of any use but I installed a Tekram pci fire wire card about a month ago.

My O\S is X\P and it had the drivers already in the cab files. Have you looked in device manager for IEEE1394 bus host controllers, is the card listed there, if not reseat it. If it has a yellow asterisk next to it delete it and reboot.

The driver should be VIA 1394 OHCI and should be on either the 98 or 2000 windows disks.

MichelleC 13:46 15 May 2003

Thanks norman47, but everything I've tried still brings up the 'found new hardware' and i go into device manager either delete or reinstall drivers (tried several). It seems to think it's a dial up modem but I haven't got 1. I heard somewhere it's maybe a chipset problem. If I find out my mobo is it ok to update chipset?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?