Driver Amsmpu4p

altens 09:32 08 May 2007

windowa defender has advised me that a driver Amsmpu4p is trying to download on to my PC. anyone now what this is?

beaky1993 11:41 08 May 2007

I had a look on my computer, and as far as I'm concerned, Amsmpu4p isn't supposed to be on your computer. After doing some Google searches, it appear s that this might be a fake virus alert, but I would stop the driver downloading if possible.

beaky1993

Gongoozler 11:52 08 May 2007

I can't find anything that suggests that Amsmpu4p is malicious, however it appears that Amsmpu4p.sys is a legitimate device driver. What I can't find is what device this is for. Presumably your computer has some hardware that has been abbreviated as something like ams mpu. Without knowing what hardware you have in or attached to your computer I have no way of knowing what the hardware can be. Possibly the software you installed in support of this hardware has found an updated driver and Windows Defender is alerting you to the fact that this driver is trying to download to your computer. This is probably not malicious, but Windows Defender is quite rightly alerting you to the fact. If you can't identify what the driver is for and your computer is running well, you can probably quite safely refuse the download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?