Driver

BIGXXH 11:19 01 Apr 2010

Hi All

Please could any body tell me if there is a web page on the internet where i could get a free download of the driver for my printer, i have tried all the obvious ones that you have to put your email address into and download their scanner they are no good as i have not got any drivers that need updating, i have lost the disc for my scanner after house move and problems with computer which had to have a complete reinstall the scanner is (a canon mpc 200 )wich is getting on a bit but for the amount of times i use it it;s still sutible for my needs

Thanks in advance
BIGXXH

Sea Urchin 11:27 01 Apr 2010

You don't say what your Operating System is - but if XP then you can download from here. It's the blue download button below the verification code.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:29 01 Apr 2010

click here

Just click on "Download" to save the file when the file is saved then double click to run it.

DO NOT click on free driver scan.

rdave13 11:54 01 Apr 2010

I've just downloaded the same driver as Fruit Bat /\0/\'s link gives but from another link; click here just use the 'download mirror' link and nothing else!!
I've scanned with AV and SAS and malwarebytes and is clean.

rdave13 11:58 01 Apr 2010

Thought the link wouldn't work. Try; click here then click on 'download' in box, that will take you to the download page.

BIGXXH 10:23 02 Apr 2010

Thank you to all that helped me with the problem.But if there is anybody else out there that would know of any obscuer web page that have free drivers for download without the need to use a scan tool please let me know.

Thanks Again
BIGXXH

Sea Urchin 10:42 02 Apr 2010

Don't understand your question - what do you need the driver for? Make and model needed.

rdave13 16:12 02 Apr 2010

Puzzled as Sea Urchin is. The links given were for the driver. You need to watch where to click, as warned previously, so as not to download rubbish as Driver Scan. You had no need to use a scan tool.
Sometimes links lead nowhere on some sites and sometimes to bad sites. I always tread carefully when using a search engine to find older drivers and always scan them before recomending.

BIGXXH 21:32 02 Apr 2010

Sorry my mistake was in a hurry as i had to go to work and did not read the answers right regarding where to click as i had been on those sights earlier and thought that you had to download the scanner which i did not want to do,it will learn me to take a bit more notice of the answer when i ask for help.

Thanks Again

BIGXXH

rdave13 21:42 02 Apr 2010

Can be a minefield to find old and discontinued drivers. Did it work and your scanner now working OK?

DieSse 21:51 02 Apr 2010

I don't understand why you didn't go straight to the Canon site. It took me about 30 secs to find software for the Canon MPC200 - straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?