DriveImage XML - scheduled backups

onthelimit1 13:30 05 Oct 2013
Answered

set up the above prog on a neighbours machine to backup to an external drive. Initial backup was fine - now trying to set up future backups using windows Task Scheduler.

I've typed in the path as suggested by Driveimage, but get and error that the file name is invalid. Must be something wrong with the syntax, and wondering if anyone has using this prog. The syntax suggested for Task Scheduler is:

C:\Program Files\runtime Softwar\DriveImage XML\dixml.exe" /bC /t"H:\My Backups\drive_h

Secret-Squirrel 13:45 05 Oct 2013

Is it Scheduler or DriveImage that's complaining?

onthelimit1 13:47 05 Oct 2013

It's Scheduler - C is the drive to copy and H is the external. out for a couple of hours - thanks for ant help.

onthelimit1 13:47 05 Oct 2013

It's Scheduler - C is the drive to copy and H is the external. out for a couple of hours - thanks for ant help.

Secret-Squirrel 13:53 05 Oct 2013

It may be a typo but you've misspelt "Runtime Software" and your second quotation mark is in the wrong place - it needs to be at the start of the path to the application, like this:

“C:\Program Files\Runtime Software\DriveImage XML\dixml.exe”

onthelimit1 16:30 05 Oct 2013

Thanks SS. The program was a typo. I've changed the quotation mark positions so it now reads:

"C:\Program Files\Runtime Software\DriveImage XML\dixml.exe" /bC /tH:\backups\drive_c

but still getting the 'invalid path'

Any other thoughts ?

onthelimit1 17:21 05 Oct 2013

Hmm. Had a look in the DriveImage folder and there's no .exe file there - puzzled!

onthelimit1 18:16 05 Oct 2013

Tried renaming the dixml file to an .exe, but still 'invalid'.

onthelimit1 18:21 05 Oct 2013
Answer

So easy when you know how. The advice in the DriveImage help is inaccurate. When I opened Task Scheduler, there is a list of applications. One of those is DriveImage. i clicked on that and the wizard did the rest. Bottle of red is in order!

Secret-Squirrel 18:39 05 Oct 2013

Glad to see you got it sorted :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?