Drivefinder software

Trepan 12:03 17 Feb 2010

Anyone out there heard of or use the above product and if so any thoughts?

rawprawn 12:11 17 Feb 2010

I have learned through experience that you are better leaving Drivers alone, unless you have a problem, and then update from the manufacturers website.

Graphicool1 12:15 17 Feb 2010
  birdface 12:49 17 Feb 2010

Another new one.
I have never used it so cannot comment on it.

click here

MAJ 13:07 17 Feb 2010

If you aren't having hardware problems and you don't need a new driver to fix a specific problem, leave well alone, you could create more problems than you think you'll cure. The manufacturer's website is the place to check for new drivers as rawprawn has already said above.

Trepan 16:08 17 Feb 2010

I do have some problems following a HD failure which has now been sorted - well almost but I still have a few glitches, so that is one reason for wanting to go through this exercise and the other is that I have very few of the cd's for another software so when I came to install on the new HD and Windows 7 I will have a greater problem.

rawprawn 16:17 17 Feb 2010

I have just run a test on butemans Drive Easy and it seems fairly reasonable. I don't think it would do any harm, but it gave me 2 drivers for non existant devices and 1 incompatible with Windows 7,

rawprawn 16:19 17 Feb 2010

PS. Sorry Graphicool1, I don't like DriverMax.

sunnystaines 16:29 17 Feb 2010

your first post was spot on.

Graphicool1 13:23 19 Feb 2010

No problem, although I've been using DriverMax for sometime now I've also tried out others. So I also have downloaded buteman's 'DriveEasy'. I haven't heard of it before, so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the heads up buteman.

Graphicool1 14:19 19 Feb 2010

I scanned my system with both 'DriverMax' (DM)and 'EasyDriver' (ED)...

DM found that I could update 14 drivers.
ED said there were 11 available updates.

On the face of it a difference of 3 isn't too bad. However, when you look at the actual driver updates. Then it's more than surprising, as only 1 of ED's 11 matched DM's 14. So then I started thinking who do you believe and whose telling the porkies?
Well, I happen to know (from the horses mouth, as it were) that there are updates for the following...
Canon Printer
Belkin Wireless Net Adapter
NVIDIA Graphics Card
Ali PCI to USB Open Host Controller
Creative Game Port
HID-Compliant Mouse
ALL were pointed up by DriverMax.
NONE were mentioned by EasyDriver.
In fact further to this ED mentioned a different Ali driver, but called it Uli.

So for the time being I'll be sticking with DriverMax. ¦¬]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?