drive letter not seen

Rambleon 19:17 04 Jul 2007

I have installed an external hard drive, USB2, and partitioned this into two drives, L and M. Both drives are formatted NTSF and seen by all users on my XP Pro based desk top using "My Computer" except me, I only see the first of these. I can type the drive destination and save to it using save as functions but it remains invisible. Is there a setting in "my computer" that needs to be changed to read beyond M drives?

have you got tweak ui ?
click here
if not try the download once downloaded, look at my comp left column expand to drives and untick z see if that makes any difference

Rambleon 19:44 04 Jul 2007

hi "The Raven" I have tweak ui for XP version 2 but my computer only expands to special folders and auto play sub folders.
Slight correction to original posting I cant save to the m drive using save as in my user area but all others can.

ramble on,
sorry i havent much experience in this but maybe
try the 2.1 version, the drive letter in your user id may of allocated the drive letter to say a mem stick mp3 player etc so is not free,untick m in tweak ui see if that works?

Rambleon 20:09 04 Jul 2007

The Raven, downloaded and installed version 2.10 but still dont see the drop down you are refering to, alos other users on the pc dont have this problem !

hi mate
its not a drop down as such
if you click on the triangle next to my computer it should expand tree including drives,special folders
click on drives reveals a to z of drives,

Rambleon 20:39 04 Jul 2007

all, I have tried changing the drive letter using disk management from M to a later letter but it still is not seen in "My computer" also if I change another drive from J, which is seen to T this is no longer seen in my computer. seems to be a cut off at L drive for some reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?