drive letter change

sunny staines 23:08 17 Sep 2006

my drives got messed up trying to install vista [which so far failed see thread in vista forum].

but my computer now fails to boot into windows xp i am reinstalling xp on the xp drive with the intending of using a ghost clone backup to bring it upto date.
but somehow the xp drive is now called d drive and not c drive. once windows has reinstalled is it just a case of going into the drive prtoperties and correcting then prior to using the clone backup?

sunny staines 23:36 17 Sep 2006

xp will not allow me to swap drive c&d around.

will this mess up my update of d drive which should have been c drive when i restore my ghost backup.
any one help on this please

Migwell 00:01 18 Sep 2006

You can change all drive letters, with the exception of the master boot drive. The only way I have found is when installing Windows from the CD. This means that all extra drives MUST be unpluged, so the computer configers the main boot drive as 'C'
Good luck
Migwell

sunny staines 00:06 18 Sep 2006

miguel

thanks for the reply, iam just running a ghost reinstal lokks like it wont help till i change the drives

sunny staines 00:20 18 Sep 2006

ghost backup restored my xp drive back to the c drive. glad thats put right before the wife gets out of hosp or i would have had it in the neck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?