Drive Image query.

ribo 18:22 06 Apr 2006

Can anyone tell me please if you can restore a program as opposed to individual files, from an Image that has been made previously.( in Drive Image).
I shall not get back tonight but will check in the A.M. Thanks J

ribo 10:16 07 Apr 2006

Cann't anyone answer my query please.
I have trawled through the search answers but cannot find anything relevant. J

stylehurst 14:13 07 Apr 2006

Suspect that your desire to restore a program is not possible, remember that in addition to restoring the program files there is a need to restore Registry entries, dll's etc.

ribo 16:36 07 Apr 2006

Thanks for your reply. J

blanco 16:53 07 Apr 2006

I have never tried doing it but the programme does state that you can restore files or folders from a stored image.

ventanas 17:04 07 Apr 2006

Open the backup image browser and from this open the required backup file. It will probably show as a V2i drive. Browse to the file you want to restore and click on restore the current selection from the toolbar.

But, for a program you are going to want all the registry entries and anything else that may have been copied to various places on your hard drive.
It could prove to be impossible. I assume its something you no longer have the disc for.

ribo 17:05 07 Apr 2006

Thanks you for your help. I do appreciate it. j

ribo 17:07 07 Apr 2006

Thank you for your help. You have answered my question. I did realise that you can restore files and folders,but was not sure about a complete program.Thanks again.j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?