Drive Image 7.0 and slow shutdown

Cesar 11:43 04 Aug 2003

Since Installing DI 7.0 my computer has been very slow in shutting down, I am using XP Home with a 40GB HDD and 512 Ram. I uninstalled DI 7.0 and the computer shut down normally after re-installing DI 7.0 it slowed to a crawl again, any help will be gratefully received

Gaz 25 11:50 04 Aug 2003

There is a registry fix that may solve this...

Start > Run > Type: Regedit > and go to Edit menu and clikc find from there in the box type: Waittokill > Once done it will find a string: waittokillapptimeout > right click it and click modify > Set to 500.

Click Edit menu again and go to find next > then: waittokillservicetimeout you can right click and select modify and set to 500.

Click the Red X to close the registry editor.

This makes XP shutdown faster,

Regards,
Gareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING!

You edit the registry at your own risk, I cannot accept responsibility for lost data or computer problems due to this tweak, but it works for me.

Cesar 12:16 04 Aug 2003

I created a restore point and tried your suggestion, but it failed to work any further suggestions will be gratefully received

SEASHANTY 17:09 04 Aug 2003

By todays standards a 40GB Hard Disk isn't all that large. If you have created system backups with Drive Image as well as back-ups on XP system restore then you may be running out of disk space. Check your hard drive properties. Slowing down XP shutdown is not a normal factor after installing D.I. You must have another problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone