Drive Icons on Task Bar

Lettervanman 20:13 25 Jan 2005

On my previous system running 98se I had a useful utility where by all the drives were accessible from a pop up on right hand side of task bar. Then the contents of the drives would open by hovering mouse on drive letter.

Can't remember if this was a download or from a free disc!
Anybody help? On XP now.

Gongoozler 20:36 25 Jan 2005

Right click on a blank part of the Taskbar, select "Toolbars" and click to put a tick against "Desktop". You will now have an extra box titled Desktop. Click on the chevron alongside this and see if it gives you what you want.

Lettervanman 20:47 25 Jan 2005

Thanks Gongoozler,that will do nicely!
I just could not recall how I got there before,must have read it in a Mag.Memory not what it was,mine that is, thank goodness computers is o.k.
Lettervanman

Gongoozler 20:52 25 Jan 2005

That ok Lettervanman. I'm on the wrong side of 60 myself. I usually get the answers by searching with Google and fiddling with the computer until I get the results I want. If I make a complete mess of it I reformat and start again ;-)

spikeychris 20:56 25 Jan 2005

good post, I didn't know that.

Lettervanman 21:06 25 Jan 2005

One of the joys of XP,System Restore.I have been using it a fair bit getting to grips with new system!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?