Dreamweaver/FrontPage templates

peabody 21:09 08 Jul 2007

I tend to use Dreamweaver these days as the templating system is so good; if I change a template all pages attached to it are also updated.
Looking at FrontPage templates, there does not appear to be the same ability to automatically update pages created from a template - or is there?
Can the same functionality be achieved in FrontPage via Themes, Shared Borders or any other means?
As I would want script> tags to appear in the head> and for noscript> tags to appear in the body>, common to all pages, I fear Shared Borders would not be appropriate.
If there's no easy solution, I'll just stick with Dreamweaver.

Forum Editor 22:42 08 Jul 2007

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)?

That's what they are for.

peabody 12:04 09 Jul 2007

CSS - to an extent, but perhaps not neraly enough!

Gingermum 08:34 12 Jul 2007

I've used FP for a long time but wonder why, if you're using Dreamweaver you would want to use FP? Apart from the fact that MS has now replaced it, it's taking a step backwards.
However, to answer your question, you can make global changes to styles by using themes. You can also do a global find/replace, which can be useful and may overcome the problem of your script/noscript tags.
I've taken old FP sites and re-written them using CSS instead of themes and they load so much faster. Amazing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?