Dreamweaver (v8) Template questions

IClaudio 19:23 26 May 2008

May I be greedy and ask two questions at once?

1: When I try to create a Page Title (that is, the one you see in the browser...) for a page created from a Template, I'm told that all the Page Properties are locked by the Template.

2: When I created the Template at the start, I just accepted the default Editable Region names (EditRegion 1, EditRegion 2 and so on...). Later, I changed these names to more recognisable names (Main Blurb, Upper Menu and so on). Now, when I update the Template, DW seems to not recognise these new names, but wants to re-assign content to the old names... which I didn't make a note of :(

What am I doing wrong here?

sean-278262 21:32 30 May 2008

Save the template as your own file name and define the editable regions to be your own names. Is it a standard template in the program or one you have downloaded?

I do not use V8 so am not familiar with its system of interface however it is more than likely an issue with the template. Also be sure to check the file you have downloaded if that is the case is not set to read only that might be the reason you cannot change it. However as I say I am guessing here.

IClaudio 19:12 31 May 2008

Thanks. I've saved the template, the editable regions don't seem to include the Page Title, or am I missing something?

'...it is more than likely an issue with the template...' Yes :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?