Dreamweaver Problem?!?

Proxy worm 12:45 13 Aug 2003

i ahve just made a site on dreamweaver mx and was wandering how do i get it on the internet? does anyone know how to go abut it ?

jaysmoke 15:15 13 Aug 2003

the files into your file manager. S'pose you have an account with a host all you need do is to ftp into your account using any ftp softwares...the most used is cuteFTP which you can download from their site and then upload all your html files from your computer into your server. There should be some specifications you need to follow if you don't know them you should check with your host before doing anything.

AndySD 09:48 14 Aug 2003

Dreamweaver mx has its own ftp client built in. Go into Site then Edit Sites highlight your site then in the advanced tab choose remote and fill in the details there. ( your web hosting company or isp will have this info on their web site or will have sent it to you).

pj123 16:16 15 Aug 2003

Most ISPs will give you a certain amount of free webspace. You would need to talk to them and get your ID, Password and the eventual name of the URL to let others know how to access it. I use CuteFTP to upload to my free space on AOL. But I have 3 other URLs with a paid for hosting company.
The problem I find with ISP free webspace is the Search Engine Spiders won't find it, because it isn't yours (technically) so you may find it better to get a domain name of your own and a hosting company to host it for you. There are plenty of hosting companies around, the one I use is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017