Dreamweaver Problem?!?

Proxy worm 12:11 13 Aug 2003

i have just made a site on dreamweaver but dont know the next step as in to put it on thwe net. how can i get my site from dreamweaver to the intenet hosting sites or in another way?
can anyone help?

pj123 12:33 13 Aug 2003

You need to get yourself an FTP programme. I use CuteFTP (very good), then you need to get a hosting company. This thread would be better off on the WebDesign forum, where you would probably get a lot more assistance.

Virtuosity 13:15 13 Aug 2003

Dreamweaver itself can upload your site to your ftp address. I've never used it myself but I am sure if you look at the user manual you'll find the details.

john-232317 14:50 13 Aug 2003

Yes Virtuosity is right years ago i used homesite which is intergrated with dreamweaver now "i think" and you could upload to the website with that. awhile ago i looked at the dreamweaver bible and that explains how to upload and download files.

HighTower 14:57 13 Aug 2003

If you define a local site in Dreamweaver, and enter the details of your webhost then you can use dreamweaver to upload all of your files. Look at Dreamweaver help under "defining a Dreamweaver Site".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?