Dreamweaver Links Problem Aggghhhhhh Helpppppppp??

Ian143652 07:41 06 Jun 2004

Hello all, i recently made a web site in dreamweaver and published it on a 1&1 web server however when i published it non of the links work and i have to put /homepage.htm after the name of the site, also i couldt get dreamweaver to connect to my web server and had to use wise ftp 3.0 to publish, any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated, cheers all Ian

Forum Editor 11:17 06 Jun 2004

It isn't necessary to be quite so dramatic Ian, we would have responded to the rest of your thread title.

You should not have a problem accessing your server space from Dreamweaver, and neither should your hyperlinks stop working - they simply operate within your web, and nothing on the server should affect that.

It's looking as if there's either a server configuration problem with your account (unlikely but possible), or some of the files in your web are not uploaded properly. When you uploaded via FTP did you make absolutely sure that the directory structure in your web was maintained, and that all the files were where they should be?

Forum Editor 00:24 08 Jun 2004

Ian?

caast©? 19:27 09 Jun 2004

Dont know if this is of any help but give it a go. As far as I know some ISP's require that the first page is named index and not the homepage. I have also had a situation where I had to resave and re-post the index page as index.html as opposed to index.htm, don't know the reason for this it did the trick. If my memory serves me right I am sure it was with oneandone, check out their website, should be the info on there.

Ian143652 08:38 11 Jun 2004

Have been away but thanks for your help will look into it this weekend, have a good weekend
ttfn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017