Drawings to cliparts? Maybe?

Mr Scone 18:01 25 Feb 2003

When you insert cliparts, or other pre-done drawings in word or Powerpoint, the background is clear (ie, you can see writing/other things through the drawing). Obviously, when i copy and paste a drawing from paint, i also copy the white background which i don't really want.

Is there anyway to get drawings from paint (or any other programs) into word/Powerpoint with the see through background?

Any help would be appretiated

Cheers

MS

MAJ 18:06 25 Feb 2003

You can do it with a graphics manipulation program, like Paintshop Pro for example. It's called, adding transparency. If you save them in the GIF format, you can also go to Gifworks.com and do it online. Use the Edit > Add Transparency on that site.

Mr Scone 18:10 25 Feb 2003

Thankyou. I will give that a go now

MS

Djohn 18:13 25 Feb 2003

Mr Scone, or you can import the graphic, and select "send to back" so that you can put text up to it or over it. (I think!). J.

Mr Scone 18:24 25 Feb 2003

Yes - that's what i have been doing, but for presentations i need to have a clear background.

MS

Mr Scone 18:48 25 Feb 2003

Have tried using a friends copy of Paint Shop pro but even though i can appareently get the background set to transparent, when i copy the image and paste it into powerpoint, the white background still apears. What am i doing wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?