Drawing on a tablet with simultaneous display on the tablet and a Windows PC

BernardDoyle 22:10 28 Mar 2014

Hi,

I'm going to be doing some presentations and teaching online. I'm using Team Viewer 9 running on Windows 7 as my software. I would like to be able to have the equivalent to a whiteboard visible to the participants.

For a demonstration of the sort of thing I want to do see

click here

where the presenter draws circles etc. He doesn't do any handwriting in the YouTube video (but he does in the actual presentation at CBT nuggets)

I'm total newbie when it comes to tablets, but a tablet that allows drawing direct on the tablet and simultaneous display on a Windows monitor. I know that the presentation on You Tube was done with various Wacom devices. Intuos4, Cintiq monitor, or more recently, Cintiq Companion tablet. (I tweeted the presenter Shawn Powers). These devices are a bit beyond my budget. Is there a cheaper alternative? Sadly the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 is not yest available in Australia (where I am) - I'm not sure if it's a possible answer, but I'm assuming it would be. Is there anything else that's not going to mean I have to take out a mortgage on my house?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cheers,

Bernard

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:37 29 Mar 2014

I assume you mean you want to use an app on a standard tablet such as a Nexus 7 or IPad and stream the tablet screen content to a monitor or TV?

Maybe something like this is needed

Woolwell 10:23 29 Mar 2014

You can connect an iPad to a monitor but you have to buy a connector eg vga or hdmi adaptor.

However if you want to draw on a tablet and see it on the pc, which is what I think you mean, then that is a bit more complicated but Teamviewer on a tablet may well work. I haven't done that myself but may well have to have a play.

Woolwell 10:33 29 Mar 2014

Teamviewer on an iPad does allow you to control a PC and with the appropriate draw program open on the PC then you can draw. It will take a bit of practice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?