drag and drop images

skinny123 21:41 28 Dec 2006

I have tried to search for this topic a few times but there seems to be issues every time.

Ihave heard this term used a few times now. Idon't really understand it. Can i just pick an image in a forum and put it in a post without saving the image to my computer? If so, how?

advanced thanks

Ashrich 21:58 28 Dec 2006

To put an image into a post , right click on it and select " copy image " then wherever you want to put it , right click again and select " paste image " same as copying and pasting a URL or Link .

Ashley

skinny123 01:49 29 Dec 2006

I thought i had tried that, cheers.

skinny123 02:16 29 Dec 2006

Nope, that aint working Ashrich, that option aint even there when i right click....just copy

VoG II 09:02 29 Dec 2006

To post an image on this forum you need to save it to your PC. Then go to a site like click here click Browse, locate the image that you saved then click 'host it!'. A new page will load with a set of links to your image. Copy the bottom one, 'Direct link to image', and paste it here.

SLAYER 10:46 29 Dec 2006

Very helpful VoG.

skinny123 14:43 29 Dec 2006

Ok, i knew that VoG, i just thought there was an easier way to move it from one post to another on the same thread/forum without cluttering up my PC.

Thanks

palinka 18:25 29 Dec 2006

I've just copied a sentence from VoG™'s response - here it is - "To post an image on this forum you need to save it to your PC." Does skinny 123 really mean an "image"? or does she mean anything from this website (or anywhere else for that matter), Skinny 123 I just highlighted those words in VOG's response - ie I cliocked the mouse pointer at the beginning of the phrase then held the left button of the mouse down and dragged the mouse sideways. The background turned blue. Then I clicked the right button on the mouse in that blue area and clicked on Copy in the list (aka Menu)that appeared. Then in this "add a new response" box i right clicked the mouse again and selected (clicked) Paste. I havemn't saved any of it to my PC.

skinny123 18:43 29 Dec 2006

palinka, i know how to cut and paste thanks. I am talking images.

I also know how to save images to my PC and post them later.

If i am replying to a post which has an image i like, instead of saving said image to my pc and then retrieving it from my pc and posting it i thought because i have heard the term drag and drop, i thought i could "cut and paste" an image the same way as written words.

I am a bloke by the way.

palinka 18:53 29 Dec 2006

My apologies Skinny 123 - I was confused because you referred to "posts" (which I thought meant this kind of forum) but I couldn't understand how anyone (either sex!)could put an image into such a "post".

skinny123 20:33 29 Dec 2006

No worries

What does the term Drag and Drop actually mean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?