Dr Web-please help me?

buel 21:32 27 Nov 2008

Hi there, iv booted up my laptop with Dr Web on a cd and it booted from the cd and the desktop that came on was very similar to a linux desktop, is this correct? then there was a Dr web window which was HUGE (bigger than the screen), What now please?

Belatucadrus 21:44 27 Nov 2008

The instruction documentation is click here in pdf format.

buel 22:06 27 Nov 2008

Thanks for that but it doesn't explain why the main window is HUGE, too big to navigate? What can i do please?

Rahere 23:31 27 Nov 2008

Copy the dr web exe file to your desktop and boot into safe mode instead

Belatucadrus 23:57 27 Nov 2008

Or try Dr Web CureIT click here which is a more conventional Windows scanner.

Rahere 00:06 28 Nov 2008

thanks that's what I meant to say!!

buel 18:40 29 Nov 2008

Hi again, im afraid i am STILL getting the massive Dr Web window on my laptop when i reboot it, it takes up far too much room and the font of the 'F' in 'File Set' is approx is 3cm high!! Surely this isn't right??

buel 19:49 29 Nov 2008

Hi again, im afraid i am STILL getting the massive Dr Web window on my laptop when i reboot it, it takes up far too much room and the font of the 'F' in 'File Set' is approx is 3cm high!! Surely this isn't right??

buel 09:41 30 Nov 2008

Sea Urchin 17:14 30 Nov 2008

1. I would suggest going to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs/scroll down to Dr Web - click on it and see if there is a Change option. Click that and see if there is a Repair Option.

2. If that doesn't work then I would repeat and click on Remove - then reinstall again.

3. If still no luck then use Belatucadrus' solution above.

I've just re-read your original post, and you say you booted your laptop from the CD? If that's the case this may be your problem. You should be booting your laptop normally (without any CD in the drive) and then once you are up and running install the program from the CD.

But maybe I have misunderstood what you are doing

Belatucadrus 20:37 30 Nov 2008

I've downloaded DrWeb CD and tried all the listed options, unfortunately I can't replicate your window size issue. So in answer to your question "is this correct?". No it isn't, but I've no idea why it's doing it so can't offer a solution. You could try contacting DrWeb, but as it's an unsupported freebie I doubt they'll respond.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017