downloads, how do you define where they download t

andy63walsh 13:17 15 Dec 2009

downloads, how do you define where they download to, they seem to go to 'my downloads' Once they went to my desktop ?

T0SH 13:24 15 Dec 2009

Stop look and read before clicking, you control your PC the choice of where anything downloads to is your decision

It may also help if you untick the box that says "close this window when download completes" then you will get an Open Folder option

Cheers HC

iscanut 13:25 15 Dec 2009

It depends upon where you choose. When you download, you will normally get the option to save to a location of your choice. Click on the browse button and navigate to where you want to save the downloaded file. What browser do you use ? If Firefox, click on Tools, then Options, then main tab. You will see you then have the option to save the downloads to a location you want.

DieSse 13:32 15 Dec 2009

"downloads, how do you define where they download to"

How you define it depends which browser you use - slight variations in each of them. You use?

andy63walsh 14:06 15 Dec 2009

It does not let me choose browse, I have to look in 'my downloads'

woodchip 14:49 15 Dec 2009

You should make a note of the download then search after if you do not see where its going to

andy63walsh 15:15 15 Dec 2009

I find them, It's like I say, there must be a way of changingwhere it goes to ?

DieSse 15:23 15 Dec 2009

"there must be a way of changingwhere it goes to ?"

There is - which browser do you use? - it's different in each one.

DieSse 15:24 15 Dec 2009

Which internet browser I mean.

DieSse 15:32 15 Dec 2009

In Firefox -

Click Tools - Options. On the first tab of the window which opens, you can specify either where you want downloads to go, or to be asked each time.

Kevscar1 15:57 15 Dec 2009

When the download window comes up choose the option Save As. It will then open and you can browse to find the folder you want to download then to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?