downloads for bbc I_player

eedcam 17:49 18 Jan 2008

Is there any way to convert these downloads to enable burning to dvd

Sea Urchin 18:06 18 Jan 2008

Not legally

Last paragraph section 12

click here

eedcam 18:32 18 Jan 2008

Thanks but Cobblers to that I pay my licence and will watch on what I want and where

Forum Editor 19:13 18 Jan 2008

and will watch on what I want and where.

I'm afraid that you won't - at least you won't do so legally. Your TV licence permits you to watch and/or listen to transmitted content, and to record it via an aerial for your own use only.

You are not given carte-blanche to make duplicate copies of the content you download via the iPlayer. When you use the iPlayer you agree to be legally bound by the terms of use, included in which is the following:

"not to attempt to, or assist any other person to, copy, reproduce, lend, hire, broadcast, distribute or transmit in any other way the BBC Content in whole or in part other than by using the "Link to this Feature"or as permitted in these Terms or to circumvent or remove the digital rights security measures embedded in the BBC Content;
not to attempt to, or assist any other person to reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, alter, duplicate, modify, rent, lease, loan, sub-licence, make copies, create derivative works from, distribute or provide others with the BBC iPlayer Download Manager in whole or part, except as expressly permitted in these Terms and to the extent permitted by law."

Which means you may not do what you're intending to do, and we're not going to offer you any advice on how to act illegally.

eedcam 19:34 18 Jan 2008

I'm not talking about illegally copying dvd's or anything like that .Whilst I respect your comments as a forum editor afraid I consider that rule to be in breach of my rights. If not Legally then at least Morally

laurie53 19:45 18 Jan 2008

Charging me tax on my pension is a breach of my moral rights too, but legally I still have to pay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?