Downloading Website for Offline browsing

Tinderstick 12:03 20 Mar 2011

Hello,

Could anyone pls recommend me a good application for downloading a website for offline browsing?

I have paid a lot of money for a training course that is only available for 30 days but due to time pressures I am falling behind.

So I really need to be able to save the course material for offline browsing. It requires Authentication (login/password) to access the material - this is the possibly tricky part.

It's mainly plain text, with a few images and videos.

Thanks

octal 13:17 20 Mar 2011

If you can't go to File>Save Page As because some sites won't let you save their page, then you might try and highlight the page you are interested in and copy and paste it into a word document, some sites won't even allow you to do that, all that is left is to take a screen shot of the sections you are interested in.

If you are using Firefox it might be easier as you can use Download Helper to download the videos click here, again I'm not sure if you will be able to do that if the site won't let you.

Batch 14:05 20 Mar 2011

Try Quadsucker/Web: click here

I've used it on a number of sites and it seems to work well, albeit you may need to tweak some of the settings to acheive the optimum effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone