Downloading Problems XP

geekygirl 13:33 09 Nov 2003

I have problems downloading. When I try to save a picture/image ie6 closes down. Also when I try to download a file using "save" it does the same. I am only able to download a file by opening it.

I also have AVG anti virus programe, Spybot S&D, and Norton Internet Security running. Could these be anything to do with it?

Your help is appreciated!!!

VoG II 13:35 09 Nov 2003

Try repairing IE click here

geekygirl 19:04 09 Nov 2003

Tried to repair it, as per instructions but it didn't work. There is a dll file missing. I get an error message "Error loading setupwbv.dll" The specified module could not be found. Should I download internet explorer again form the net? What effect will this have?

Thanks

VoG II 19:14 09 Nov 2003

You could try downloading from the net. However, if you get a message that says "Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
Setup cannot continue." you will need to follow click here

VoG II 19:21 09 Nov 2003

Just as an afterthought you could try using System File Checker. Start, Run and type in

SFC /SCANNOW

(note the space before /)

and click OK.

You will need your Windows CD handy.

geekygirl 21:47 09 Nov 2003

Neither of these suggestions work for me. sfc/scannow does not show anything. Losing ideas!!!???

powerless 21:49 09 Nov 2003

sfc /scannow

There is a space after sfc.

maybe you need to goto folder options/file types

and goto the extension you are having problems with

and edit the settings and tick the box confirm open after download

geekygirl 22:57 09 Nov 2003

When I'm downloading ANYTHING free screensaver, .exe file, utilities, whatever the file download box hangs/freezes. I can't even close it. Have tried scannow WITH space.

geekygirl 22:58 09 Nov 2003

Could it be a setting somewhere?

VoG II 23:22 09 Nov 2003

Try reloading XP click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?