Downloading music

willoby 13:39 10 Feb 2006

I would like to find a safe free legal website to download music. I used to use the Kazaa websites on my old computer but it cause so many problems and the pc eventually crashed and lost everything. I'm now using an Advent laptop... can anyone advise the best wesites to use to up to date music downloads

Terry Brown 13:49 10 Feb 2006

The 'free' music sites are mostly illegal, however try pandora click here , as they offer a free online music system

willoby 14:25 10 Feb 2006

Thanks for your response, but could you confirm this a safe website for downloading music

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:23 10 Feb 2006

here you go .... click here

G

Totally-braindead 15:33 10 Feb 2006

willoby the only free and legal ones that I've heard of are for music that is past its copyright ie over 50 years old I think it is. I've no interest in music of this type so I can't post the links but I'm sure someone else can if this is what you're interested in.
Regarding modern music, all the free websites are illegal and its against the Forum rules to give information on programs that allow illegal copyright music downloads.

Skyver 15:35 10 Feb 2006

There's a wide range here (free & legal) click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:44 10 Feb 2006

'all the free websites are illegal'...they are not. There are plenty of sites that offer free downloads of non-copyright material. I'm sure people here can give the URLs. Don't expect the Beatles, Stones or Pink Floyd though.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:46 10 Feb 2006

click here is a start

G

Skyver 15:47 10 Feb 2006
  willoby 15:55 10 Feb 2006

Ok can anyone recommend the best and safest.... will try all the above and let you know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone