Downloading free projects from a magazine

Sapins 12:59 15 Jul 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to download various craft projects from a magazine, I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0, All I get in the top left hand corner of the screen is a small logo less than 1cm square, with a Red square, a Blue circle and a Blue triangle. The "Connected to" box shows no activity. The following instructions are displayed on the download page.

Click on a picture or heading to download a full colour article taken from Issue 26 of the Craft Creations Magazine. The articles are saved in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format. To view the articles you need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 (or greater) installed, this can be downloaded Free from Adobe at click here, it can also be found bundled with many different software titles and on various computer magazine cover disks. Depending on how your browser is set up the file may be downloaded and viewed online or it may be saved to your hard disk for future viewing, we recommend you save to disk and view later

Any help greatly appreciated,

Regards,
Sapins

-pops- 14:20 15 Jul 2003

You say you have Acrobat 6. This is not the same a Acrobat Reader or Adobe Reader 6. Is that what you meant to put?

Acrobat Reader is now obsolete and has been replaced by Adobe Reader and is version 6.

Adobe Reader is downloadable from click here

I hope I've understood your problem correctly.

Brian

Sapins 14:26 15 Jul 2003

Hi -pops- Sorry about that, I have Adobe Reader 6

Any idea why I can't download these "projects" / They have always worked ok before. All I have done recently is de-frag the hard drive, delete cookies and clean up internet cache.

-pops- 14:34 15 Jul 2003

Oh!!

Perhaps by clearing your cookies/cache you have disturbed one for the magazine.

This may not work but have a go at a new download of everything connected with the magazine so that any vital cookies are re-installed.

Brian

Sapins 14:42 15 Jul 2003

Tried new download for mag. No luck. I have e-mailed webmaster for the site maybe he/she can help!

I will let you know if I find the answer.Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Sapins

scotty 14:43 15 Jul 2003

Right click on the link and select "Save target as". This may be more successful than attempting to view the .pdf file on-line.

Sapins 15:05 15 Jul 2003

scotty, you have just solved the problem for me. It is a better way than before as I can just print the part I want and ignore the advert for the mag etc: I used to have to guess which pages to print and hope I didn't miss any.

Loads of Brownie points coming my way now :-))

Thanks both of you for your time and help.

Regards,
Sapins

-pops- 15:18 15 Jul 2003

You're welcome - glad you got fixed up!!

Brian

Sapins 17:38 18 Jul 2003

Hope you see this -pops- and scotty-

I found the problem with Adobe Reader, well it found it for me. I went to uninstall and reinstall it and found the "Repair" option which I chose. Now it works fine.

Regards,
Sapins

scotty 12:17 22 Jul 2003

Thanks for the feedback. I was only able to answer your question as I had encountered the same situation. Now I know how to fix it!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017