downloading drivers for micronet router Windows 7

joosull 19:36 27 Feb 2010

I have had to reset my Micronet wireless router (SP907GK) and want to secure it. I think the reason I can't is that with a brand new hard drive there is no driver for the router on my lap top. I have intalled Windows 7 and now I can't use the CD's that came with the router to install the driver. attempting to download one from the Micronet website produced a fairly scary warning message. with no obvious way of contacting micronet to find out,does anyone know if it is possible to down load a driver? thank you!

MAJ 19:55 27 Feb 2010

You shouldn't need drivers, plug the router in to the computer via ethernet cable and connect to it's config page and enter your settings that way.

Miké 20:15 27 Feb 2010

Clicking one or other of click here or click here when connected to router by ethernet cable, should take you to the admin page.

joosull 19:06 28 Feb 2010

Thank you! I conected to the router via an ethernet cable and tried to access it using 192.168.0.1, so I could set the security on it.....but still couldn't access the router....any more ideas? am I doing not doing something obvious?

Devil Fish 19:31 28 Feb 2010

to connected to router

open browser in the adress bar type http:// followed by router ip adress you should then get a display asking for user name and password

if you are still using default user name and password this info will be in its manual

joosull 19:39 28 Feb 2010

I know this might sound a bit daft but don't know it's IP address. no idea where to find it.

joosull 20:52 28 Feb 2010

I know this might sound a bit daft but don't know it's IP address. no idea where to find it.

100andthirty 21:00 28 Feb 2010

the number you've given is for a Micronet USB wireless adaptor. If you type yhe model number into Google, the first hit is Micronet's web site.
From there you can navigate to the page for the driver - if that's what you want.

For convenience the link is here:

click here

joosull 21:01 28 Feb 2010

I understand the IP address ought to be on the base of the router but it isn't.

100andthirty 21:05 28 Feb 2010

However............

(no edit on this site that I can find)

the driver for this USB adaptor is dated 2004; predates Vista, let alone Win 7. Perhaps time for a new wireless adaptor?

something like this?

click here

100andthirty 21:08 28 Feb 2010

have you tried this address?

click here

You said you'd tried 192.168.0.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache