Downloading from BBC Web Site

iconoclast 21:10 03 Feb 2005

The BBC has a 'listen again' service on the web so that listeners can hear/rehear programmes up to a week after transmission. Does anyone know of a program which allows these audio streams to be saved to my PC (and then transferred by iTunes to my iPod)?
Thanks for any help offered

octal 21:17 03 Feb 2005

I've nver used this program before, but it might do the job: click here

JIM 21:18 03 Feb 2005

Itunes user sues Apple over iPod.Close up of Apple iPod, Apple

The iPod is the world's most popular digital music player

A user of Apple's iTunes music service is suing the firm saying it is unfair he can only use an iPod to play songs.

He says Apple is breaking anti-competition laws in refusing to let other music players work with the site.

click here

octal 21:19 03 Feb 2005

Apparently you'll already got that facility in XP, maybe someone can point you to it.

spikeychris 21:20 03 Feb 2005

You can't download audio steams, they are streamed and not for download. However you can use a program like Audacity click here to record the stream then transfer. Be aware though that this is for personal use only!

1514 22:28 03 Feb 2005

When I used Mozilla Firefox and Real Audio. Every time that I listened to a BBC item, then it would leave an audio package that I could replay, in my Douments folder. Whether it would work on an IPOD; I haven't a clue!

iconoclast 23:10 03 Feb 2005

Thanks for all yr help guys

canard 23:24 03 Feb 2005

Nero will download it -bit fiddley.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?