Downloading Bank Files into Money with Vista

David.W. 11:00 25 Jan 2009

I run Money 2003. Since moving to Vista 32 Bit Home Premium I am unable to save a bank statement download to a specific location so I can import it to Money at my convenience. In XP you used to be able to set properties for a .OFX file to prompt for a save instead of a direct download. Have not been able to find an answer to this in other newsgroups of Microsoft KB articles. Does anyone know, please?

Thanks,

David.

howard64 14:34 25 Jan 2009

I assume when you download it does put it somewhere? assuming you know where it goes to why can you not click on it and move it to where you want it? It is only 1 extra step.

David.W. 19:50 25 Jan 2009

Howard,

Thanks. It doubtless does get filed somewhere but I don't know where. I thought it might be in Temp but that doesn't seem to be the case. As soon as you open Money it automatically loads and updates.

David.

BRYNIT 20:13 25 Jan 2009

Down loads are usually put in a folder called downloads C:\user\(name)\downloads

Or click on start, click on the name just above documents when the window opens click on the downloads folder.

David.W. 22:17 25 Jan 2009

Brynit,

Thanks for the response. It's not doing that - the downloads file is empty. I've also done a search for documents modified today and looked for those at the time I did the download. I can't see anything.

David.

Sea Urchin 22:26 25 Jan 2009

Where I download my bank statements to depends on my bank website, and not whether its XP or Vista - they both behave the same. I get a choice of the type of download I wish to do (see link below) and the next step is a prompt to specify where I wish to save the file

click here

Presumably your bank works in a different way?

malgall 18:29 27 Jan 2009

have you tried looking in mymoney folder itself
like you i have used mymoney and save it to download file but i use xp
when i go looking under import it somes starts
in a mymoney folder
or else do a search for the folder by name
that should tell you

David.W. 23:51 27 Jan 2009

Malgall,

Thanks but that's not the answer. Because the download from the bank does not open the Run, Save or Cancel dialog box, the file automatically saves into Money and is automatically imported if Money is open or when Money is next started. If I download from NatWest there is no problem, the dialog box comes up and I can file it and choose when I want to import it. However, if I download from Barclays it doesn't. I suspect Barclays has not amended its download transaction to account for Vista whereas NatWest has - but Barclays won't admit it. they just say "ask Microsoft".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?