Downloader.Win32.PurityScan.dc

gaillac 23:14 01 Dec 2006

I have got this pest and my AV(Kaspersky)finds it but does not remove it.I have disabled system restore and then run a scan in safe mode with the same result.Every time I fail it flashes its popup and squawks in derision at me Can anyone help me nail it?

terryf 23:24 01 Dec 2006

Try a google for remove Downloader.Win32.PurityScan.dc, try free a-squared click here

birdface 00:02 02 Dec 2006

Looks like A squared might get ri of it,click here

gaillac 08:25 02 Dec 2006

Thanks for your suggestions but I have tried asquare which does not even detect this.Google offered a series of sites with programmes which all failed.I dont even know what this does as apart from some problems with connecting my ISP no disasters have arrived.

birdface 09:00 02 Dec 2006

Sorry about that,But that click here that I sent you gave the impression that they did fix it,Did you have the search all files ticked, Its a while since I used it,I think there is something in there that you have to change to make it search all files, You must be dissapointed it takes about an hour to do a full scan on it,You can try Panda, They do a free scan,If they find anything it might give you an idea how to delete it,If not they charge for getting rid of it,Worth a try, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?