Downloaded Files disappear/Dont save???

thetrickster 15:00 02 May 2008

Hi everyone. Everytime i download a file of any decription from any website, it disappears. For some reason it is not saving to the location that i specify. Even when i do a full search on my hard drive the file is not there?? The file acts as if it is downloading i.e the box come up showing the progress. It gets to 100% and that is it. This is really frustrating.

system details
vista 32 bit
comodo
avg

anskyber 15:04 02 May 2008

Have a look from the start panel and your username at the top look in the downloads file.

iambeavis 15:05 02 May 2008

Are you choosing "Open" instead of "Save" in the download box.

thetrickster 15:11 02 May 2008

no i am choosing save

thetrickster 15:11 02 May 2008

downloads file is empty

hiwatt 18:28 02 May 2008

On my computer I have 2 download folders.One within start/documents/downloads,and there's also a download folder if I go to start/my account(name)which saves programs.Have you tried both(assuming you have both)

rossgolf 18:32 02 May 2008

wat browser?

thetrickster 20:43 02 May 2008

internet explorer is my web browser. yes i have tried all folders. i have done a search on my computer for the specified files downloaded

rossgolf 21:18 02 May 2008

in internet explorer, you wont be able to search for the file necessary because its a hidden folder. go to tools>internet options>browsing history>setings> view files and then click on the file you want if it is in there...if the file u want is not in there then post back

Sea Urchin 21:27 02 May 2008

Try downloading a program, and when you are prompted to save select "Save to Desktop" - this way you can immediately see if the file has been saved.

thetrickster 21:56 02 May 2008

the files are not in that location Ross. Tried saving to the desktop. But as i have said before the file just disappears

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?