download statments form bank

pauliney 10:18 04 May 2006

please can you help
cannot seem to download bank statments to read offline so I do not have to print when I download it pc will not open file (xp2)

thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:29 04 May 2006

What is the file extension? It could possibly be Excel.

pauliney 10:41 04 May 2006

thanks for reply I havedownloaded with the file extension excel incomprehensible

pauliney 10:42 04 May 2006

what about quicken?

GroupFC 10:52 04 May 2006

I think you'll only be able to open them if you have Quicken installed? - Does it give a .csv (comma seperated values) option? Certainly Lloyds bank does and that is how I get mine (which then open with Excel).

keef66 10:54 04 May 2006

Natwest and Barclaycard download as *.csv; then I muck about with them in Excel

pauliney 11:01 04 May 2006

ok will try csv if it there thanks

pj123 11:22 04 May 2006

LloydsTSB give two download options:

csv and qif. qif is a Quicken format.

I usually download as csv because it opens straight away in Excel.

The version of Quicken I have is so old (version 3) and it won't recognise the qif file.

pauliney 11:23 04 May 2006

thanks all for help sorted

ruskle 16:03 04 May 2006

I have used Quicken for years now and downloaded Natwest and MBNA statements online also for years. If my wife is out shopping and spends any money on a card it is live on line and can be read almost at once, in other words it is not only the monthly statement but hour by hour entries. I have recently changed to Microsoft Money which does the same thing, just fancied a change, it converts Quicken files to Money and saves a Quicken backup.
Friends have used both Quicken and Money with other banks and never mentioned problems.
The only problem I ever had was when I installed Firefox which refused to download MBNA so I went back to Internet Explorer.
Ruskle.

Pidder 18:44 04 May 2006

On this subject can I ask, is it safe to download this sort of information to one's own personal computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?