Download Speed (winmx)

struggle8 15:36 10 May 2004

any one had any use of winmx setting how to inprove them I currently am on a 256kb braodband service with no capping I have been using winmx to download things I have noticed that it will download at up to 21.18k/s but when I play the game day of defeat on line this speed goes over 114.8k/s how can I acheve this download speed with out having the multiplayed game connected all the time anyone got any ideas please

old-timer 15:46 10 May 2004

I am not familiar with WinMX, but your download speed is dependant on who you are downloading from. Obviousy when connected to a server you will get good speed, however when downloading from a user on WinMX, you will only get the speed of the user

woodchip 16:14 10 May 2004

The game is using high compression. so the game does not stutter on line while you play

accord 16:36 10 May 2004

try downlaoding only from people with DSL, Cable, T1, T2 and T3 when using winmx. I never download from people with less that these as it takes an eternity to download the file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?