download replacement drivers

ann-199314 20:31 17 Jan 2006

I was told that you can download replacement drivers, in case you have a problem sometimes, and store them in a separate directory. How do you do this. I haven't any idea as to where to start. Hope somebody can help me. Thanks. Ann

researcher 20:35 17 Jan 2006

Depends what drivers you want. Go to the manufacturers web-site and download but save rather than run. Save to wherever you want.

Skyver 20:36 17 Jan 2006

Use this click here to find out what hardware you have in your machine, it provides links to the manufacturers websites in many cases - find the Support,Downloads or Drivers page on the relevant site and download the driver, then copy the downloaded file into a specific drivers folder or burn to CD.

Stuartli 20:37 17 Jan 2006

Create a suitably named downloads folder in Program Files specifically for the purpose and use sub-folders to identify which drivers are for what purpose.

You will need to configure your download manager to Save to this Folder and/or one of its sub-folders.

recap 20:38 17 Jan 2006

Create a Folder on your C: Drive with an appropriate name. click here and register and, you can search for mostly any driver you may require.

To create a New Folder, Open My Computer, Double click the C: drive and then select File/New/Folder. Give the File a Name and press Enter on the keyboard. The file/s will now be in the C: in alphaetical order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?