Download .ram video files?

Gary 09:29 05 Jun 2003

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download video/sound files from the internet which are in Real's .ram format for later viewing or future reference?

I've just got a Broadband connection and have enjoyed using the higher speed to watch video clips etc. but find it annoying that there doesn't seem to be any way to save these so that I can refer back to them or watch them again at a later date.

Thanks in advance, Gary

OK Computer 09:45 05 Jun 2003

Try right clicking the link and choosing save target.

Alternatively I find that playing the clip online and then clicking on File>Save As also works but this is with Media Player and not Real..

Gary 09:50 05 Jun 2003

If I right click on the link and do save as... then a .ram file is saved to my computer. However, this is not the full film/sound clip and is just like a link to the actual video which is streamed from the source directly when you open the link.

As far as media player is concerned, I could save the file through that, but afaik Media Player cannot handle ram files?

OK Computer 10:03 05 Jun 2003

Yeah I had a feeling that might be the case. Is it possible to play the clip and then do a file save as?

OK Computer 10:09 05 Jun 2003

Try click here not sure how useful it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?