download managers

J B 21:09 08 Apr 2005

I have been looking for a download manager and narrowed the field down to two candidates, metaproducts download express, and star downloader. I would appreciate opinions as to which one I should go for. Thanks for any help on this subject. J.B.

Technotiger 21:12 08 Apr 2005

Hi, personally I use Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) a free download.

Cheers.

great1 21:13 08 Apr 2005

click here

Try this free for 30 days, i have and it is pretty good,may even purchase it.

G1

Technotiger 21:14 08 Apr 2005

Download Accelerator
Speed up your file downloads and resume interrupted downloads. Program uses multiple server connections for a better performance. [Win...
click here | Save

Dan the Doctus 22:18 08 Apr 2005

I use Download Express on my Win98 desktop PC and it works great; on one occasion there was a power cut during a download, but when the power came back on I was able to continue downloading no probs.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work properly on my XP system - when I tried to use the 'Use RealPlayer' link on the BBC website it would cause Download Express to start for some reason. I changed it for FreshDownload which seems to work fine.

Belatucadrus 22:51 08 Apr 2005

click here Download express, or click here for Leechget, both free ad devoid of a or spyware.

bionicle 22:53 08 Apr 2005

I have found Star Downloader pretty good. Easy to use and fast.

lightfeet 23:30 08 Apr 2005

I agree with Technotiger. Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)is a great free program. I use it frequently for overnight downloads of large files on my dialup connection. It always reconnects where cutoff & what is more, can disconect from the Internet & switch off computer on download completion

J B 00:19 09 Apr 2005

Thanks for all the help. I've decided to try download accelerator plus and see how I get on. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?