Download to a flash drive?

peter4076 10:23 05 Jul 2008

What with viewing a lot of YouTube tutorials, visiting lots of various websites, and SP3 downloads + Office 2007 downloads, + music files, I think I a get pretty close to my download allowance, my question is this: I have 4 computers 2 x laptops + 2 x desktops, 2 computers running WinXP SP2 plus 2 computers running Win Vista, is there a way to download to a flash drive for arguments sake, and then put the update on each of my computers. The 0ffice 2007 update is 193 Mb and the WinXP SP3 is 69 Mb and the frequency of other updates (Adobe 43Mb)it is easy to rack up some heavy downloads, as always your thoughts appreciated.

MarvintheAndroid 11:29 05 Jul 2008

You can often find downloadable versions of updates, but the killer is that they are usually larger files because the update wizard can't tailor them to your requirements so you get everything whether you need it or not. However for rollouts across multiple machines this is definitely the way to go.

I did this with XP SP3 recently but the file was huge.

Marv

peter4076 12:01 05 Jul 2008

Cheers for that, but I thought their might have been some mirror sites I don't know about.

ronalddonald 18:12 05 Jul 2008

I down laod stuff on my 4gb drive files that are adobe and sofware files like avast etc. If ever my computer broke down i dont want to keep on going to the websites to keep on downloading. I find its faster from thepen drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?