Download cd album covers

andy625 10:54 20 Mar 2006

Can anyone recommend a site where I can download copies of album covers to go with the music I have downloaded? I found a couple of sites but was deluged with popups, and they looked like the type of site where there was a good chance of picking up a virus etc. Does anyone know if there any "safe" sites about?

goonerbill © ® 11:16 20 Mar 2006

not sure if entirely legal (FE will soon inform us if not)as its only the cover not the music. click on link, enter artists name and album name, will come up with album picture, right click, click on save picture as, rename it and click save. you now have the album cover, may need to be resized slightly.

click here

beynac 11:16 20 Mar 2006

If you use Windows Media Player 10, right-click on a track and select 'Find Album Info'. Select the relevant album and you will have a copy of the album cover in the same folder as the music file. It doesn't seem to have everything but I've only had one or two it couldn't find.

pj123 11:22 20 Mar 2006

I have used click here for CD and DVD covers in the past. Had no problems.

andy625 11:23 20 Mar 2006

I tried getting WMP to "find album info", and it works fine on albums I've ripped to pc but not on wma files I've downloaded. They've all been saved in folders with the same name as the album, and tracks all named properly (same format as if they'd been ripped), but WMP won't find any info.

As a seperate issu though, I was after somewhere I could download (buy if necessary) the whole of the cd cover info. Inside, outside, back etc

goonerbill © ® 11:33 20 Mar 2006

heres another one. has free full version time limited demo and then cost $9 for registration key (can be set up region specific). also has link on left hand side for 50 free mp3 downloads (pay for downloads after that but can be cancelled at any time, so get the free ones and then cancel).

click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:41 20 Mar 2006
  andy625 11:49 20 Mar 2006

Thanks gooner, that looks like the type of thing I was after. I will download it when I get home and give it a try.

ACOLYTE 11:51 20 Mar 2006

Hertz Van Rentyl, i dont want to alarm you but when i tried your link and clicked to get a cover
avast went off bells/whistles apparently you have to download somthing adaware avast said but it didnt like it).

andy625 12:04 20 Mar 2006

Acolyte, this is the sort of thing I was worried about. These sites where the popup blocker starts going bazerk, and there are adverts for free screensavers and smileys everywhere.

ACOLYTE 12:08 20 Mar 2006

Avast is my AV there wasnt any popups,the adaware
tried to download when you click the get cover button,as i have a download helper that triggers with IE i can see what is downloading before it does,but as i said just beware of the site).Cdcovers that pj123 linked to is a site i have used before without any problems at all,and they have a nice selection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?