Download and burn win7 ISO disk

bumpkin 16:27 25 Sep 2013
Answered

Hi All, I would like to download and burn a Win7 iso disk. I have tried a few times but something is wrong . I start the download and it says it has downloaded X17-58996.iso. 2.4Gb. When I try to burn it to disk it says invalid which does not surprise me as it only takes a few sconds to apparently download. I would expect it to take several minutes. can anyone help please.

northumbria61 16:39 25 Sep 2013

Download from here - just be sure to select the correct version you want enter link description here

bumpkin 16:59 25 Sep 2013

Thanks northumbria, that is one of the links I have tried. Says it has downloaded after about 2 seconds which it cant have done.

My post is more about not being able to download properly rather than actually needing it. I should have written a clearer heading.

Batch 18:18 25 Sep 2013
Answer

Suggest you try installing a download manager such as Internet Download Manager (that one gives a 30 day trial, but I'm sure you could find others that are free).

I had trouble downloading the full ISO from the digital river site until I used IDM.

bumpkin 18:30 25 Sep 2013

Thanks Batch, I thought w7 had a download manager, can anyone explain please I did not think that I had to instal additional software to do a download.

Procrastinus 08:22 26 Sep 2013

You will need these too! MD5Sum + SHA1

woodchip 08:47 26 Sep 2013

Check to see if it's downloaded a small file that you double click on to start the correct download. As some work like that

Batch 13:41 27 Sep 2013

From the description here the Windows facility doesn't sound very sophisticated.

bumpkin 16:15 27 Sep 2013

Thanks all, I thought I had green ticked this yesterday. For info, PC was trying to use a freebie download manager which had set itself as the default, got rid of it now fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?