DOWNADUP WORM

Graphicool1 15:54 18 Jan 2009

Hi All

Question:- how would you know if your PC had been infected by the 'Downadup Worm' aliases 'Kido' and 'Conficker'?

Gongoozler 16:03 18 Jan 2009

If your computer has up-to-date antivirus protection, the risk of infection should be low. For a full description of Downadup Worm and how to remove it click here and click here

Graphicool1 16:38 18 Jan 2009

Hi Gongoozler

Well I should be, I get all the updates from Microsoft, but we can't be too carefull. I have friends who don't get the updates. Which is another reason I'm asking what the early signs are?
I've just been to by something at a 'Mail on Sunday' shopping site. A message preporting to be from Microsoft popped up telling me:-

'There is a problem with this website's security certificate.' (going on to say) 'The security certificate presented by this website has expired or not yet valid. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.'

I know that fake warning messages are possible, but how can you tell if they are or not. I didn't buy anything and sent the details to the 'Mail'. However, that doesn't really help me.

Sea Urchin 16:47 18 Jan 2009

Something to read

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?