Down loaded file cannot be saved

wicked willy 18:45 16 Jun 2003

Hi Everybody, This is a Problem that you all have come across reguarly, But I donnot Know what it means"Download Accelerator Error......Downloaded file cannot be saved...Error : The Parameter is incorrect" Please what does it mean as I cannot drag any thing down off the Net I am running XP home edition with 60gb, Bill

Dr. Charles 18:57 16 Jun 2003

This sounds crazy - -but. Have you downloaded the IE6 update Q818529 from the MS site?This is supposed to be a security patch

I did this and found I couldn`t download a nero update. I have removed this patch and now everything is fine. You can see this patch if you go as if to add/remove a programme from settings.

I have not replaced this patch and things are much happier now with my PC. You can always give it a try and if it doesn`t work download the patch again or can you?

Cheers

Charles

hugh-265156 19:07 16 Jun 2003

the file has not been fully downloaded or is corrupted.

try downloading again.try not using download acc.

some download managers can cause this to happen.i had a few niggles with download acc.like this.

try click here i use this myself and would recommend it.its also free and has no adware.

wicked willy 19:11 16 Jun 2003

Thanks Charles for the advice which I took but Checked in Programs and also in Search but Alas nothing doing so must wait until someone else has had the message before Bill

Dr. Charles 20:43 16 Jun 2003

Hi, I assume this is XP?

OK well I have just been looking in my "Big XP Book" . It says that you can get this happen as you described if you don`t have Administrative privileges. Have you got those set for yourself?

I hope that helps

Charles

wicked willy 22:32 16 Jun 2003

Thanks Charles , Yes it is set to me be Administrator, and I have uninstalled but when I reloaded it came up again as the DAP wouldn`t let me in so now I guess I will have to forget all about ,as I had it installed before I went on to Broadband , Any way once again Thank You for your Help Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?