The DoubleU has fell off my LAPTOP keyboard

BIGBAGGY 20:11 16 Jun 2005

The DoubleU has fell off the LAPTOP keyboard and I cant seem to get it back on. I press the space it left but nothing happens. Anything I can do? My daughter says there is a keyboard that comes up on the screen is this right or is there something else I can do. I still have the key and the bits. LOL all that and I never used that letter ;-)

johnnyrocker 20:14 16 Jun 2005

if xp you will find the keyboard under start/programs/accessories and either system tools or accessability

johnny.

dan11 20:16 16 Jun 2005

Oh, I thought that was funny.:-))

Onscreen keyboard click here

or try a usb keyboard?

jack 20:27 16 Jun 2005

The On Screen Keyboard is a fddly thing to use for protactracted periods.

Depending on whether your machine can cope with a PS2 keyboard - most lappies have one connector on the back that will take a mouse or keyboard or as suggested a USB one- If the machine travels then you can obtain a flexible folding keyboard.
A regular PS2 keyboard need cost no more than a fiver at a computer fair better ones 15-20 at the likes of PCW- the Folding ones can be found at either source.

jack 20:32 16 Jun 2005

Here is another thought

The Working part of the Keyboard is a moulded rubber sheet with embedded contacts laid over the circuit board.
All a key does is to press the top sheet to the bottom sheet.

Try fixing the key back on with blue tack or double sided tape, perhaps padded out with a small square of card

DieSse 21:34 16 Jun 2005

Hold down Alt and type 0119 on the numeric pad for a w

Hold down Alt and type 0087 on the numeric pad for a W

phono 21:43 16 Jun 2005

There's a man knows his 'Rs' from his ASCII.

BIGBAGGY 21:48 16 Jun 2005

Thanks all great help. wwwwwwwwwwwooopeee.....for the on sceen keyboard ;-) W ;-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)