Double/Multi postings

User-B4AC5E45-C5DF-44A7-80B2B7B8113A6C82 20:09 07 Nov 2010

I'm not the only one that this is happening to, I even changed my mouse but the site constantly acts like I post the same reply TWICE - I DON'T!!!!

Surely your Tech Guys could look into this? It is getting way beyond a joke.

birdface 21:12 07 Nov 2010

As it is only happening to you it must be a problem with your computer.
Remember if you are clicking on the I/E icon on the taskbar only click it once or it will open other pages.
I don't think that is your problem but you never know.

It is NOT only happening to me, it just happened to HSutton on Speakers Corner.

hssutton 21:23 07 Nov 2010

Yes it did happen to me on speakers corner, after the first click I got the message that PCA was taking to long to respond, so I clicked again. Hey presto double post.

I don't get that message (well a couple of times, but if you ignore it and click on "back" you invariably find that it has posted your comment) I merely click ONCE and it practically ALWAYS double posts. I'm convinced that it is a site problem.

I don't get that message (well a couple of times, but if you ignore it and click on "back" you invariably find that it has posted your comment) I merely click ONCE and it practically ALWAYS double posts. I'm convinced that it is a site problem.

birdface 21:32 07 Nov 2010

Maybe try this.

Check if single click is enabled...
Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> General Tab

birdface 21:36 07 Nov 2010

If it is a slow response try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on your keyboard.
It should tell you dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it works any better.
Try another mouse to see if you get the same problem.

"
Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> General Tab"

I don't have Folder Options in Control Panel (W7) but I am NOT the only one "double posting"

Plus I already did a MOUSE CHANGE!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?