Double ended, usb POWER cable for external HD

  cheerup347 15:48 01 Oct 2006

i recently bought a 40gb external HD off ebay.

the usb cable it came with had TWO ends that go into the computer, and one that goes into the Hard drive.

it had 2 computer cable bits to give it enough power.

i have now lost the cable and need another cable that has 2 ends that pluf into the computer

does anyone know where i can get one or what they are actually called?

thanks very much

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 01 Oct 2006

What do the connections look like?
click here
perhaps two standard cables will work

  wjrt 17:24 01 Oct 2006

could be worth a call to this company

click here

  DieSse 17:29 01 Oct 2006

What make was the external caddy/drive. I have a caddy that came with a cable like that.

FB - it's a single cabe to the caddy, fed from two ports in the system - arranged to supply more power.

This is the case I use - unfortunately they don't have a supplier in the UK. click here

  cheerup347 20:19 01 Oct 2006


its jsut a standard usb cable. but with an extra big plug.

its jsut used tog et more power to the hard drive.

i dont know the make.

i just wnated to know if you can get them anywhere in the uk or what are they actually called?


  DieSse 22:19 01 Oct 2006

*dont know the make.*

Does the caddyhard drive not have some sort of makers name on it?

Can you asy the supplier from ebay?

  DieSse 22:19 01 Oct 2006

asy = ask

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?