double download

karmgord 20:43 20 Aug 2009

when i check my email on Zen's server there are only one copy of each email yet when i later down load then to my computer via outlook express each copy is doubled so there are two copies of each email.
any ideas?

brundle 14:29 21 Aug 2009

Go to Tools/Options, of the two options "Send/Receive at startup" and "When starting, go directly to my inbox" make sure only one or other is ticked. If both are ticked you see the behaviour you're describing.

Sea Urchin 16:10 21 Aug 2009

The two options you describe refer to completely different things. "Go directly to my Inbox" does just that - it opens at the Inbox and does not download mail. Send/Receive at Startup will download any messages waiting on the server when OE is opened. So it is perfectly possible to have them both checked.

karmgord: You could try going to Tools - Accounts - Properties - Advanced tab and make sure "Leave a Copy of Messages on Server" is not ticked.

Another cause of this problem can be a corrupted message in your server's Inbox - is there maybe a message that doesn't ever download? Try deleting from the server's inbox.

brundle 17:13 21 Aug 2009

Sea Urchin
It worked for me on a system last week and similar advice can be found elsewhere, if it doesn't work for karmgord then I'm sure he will try other suggestions...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?