Double click probs

Bigtoe 14:45 10 Jul 2006

A4Tech opical cordless mouse. It won't double click any shortcuts on my desktop. I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers but no joy. I'm having to access shortcuts by right clicking then selecting open! Norton upto date as is microsoft. I've uninstalled the original drivers. I can't think of anything more I can do. I'd be grateful of any suggestions. The computer is an Acer running windows XP Pro.

VoG II 14:49 10 Jul 2006

Try repairing the file association for LNK files click here

Fingees 14:50 10 Jul 2006

open control panel.
select mouse properties, and check double click speed etc under the various headings.

Also check your right button is set to right click (default)

Fingees 14:51 10 Jul 2006

Soory and left click also

Bigtoe 11:31 11 Jul 2006

Have you ever had one of those days? A "DOH!" day? Yesterday was one for me. My son-in-law waltzed in, noticed I had the keyboard set to channel 1 and the mouse to channel 2, swiftly swapped them over and resolved the problem. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I wish I was a teenager again.....then I'd know everything!

Snec 17:30 11 Jul 2006

Is it within the realms of possibility that you could ask your S-I-L to tick the resolved box?

It matters not a jot to me, but the users of this forum (often refered to as members, by the regular every day users themselves) tend to get a bit indignant about unticked threads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?