DOS Sound not working after reinstall of Windows

CLONNEN 13:41 01 Feb 2006

I upgraded one of our computers over the Christmas period and I thought I had successfully installed all the hardware.

Tried to play some DOS games on the computer a few days ago and discovered that none of the DOS games could find the soundcard. Before reinstalling the sound worked in these games on the following settings :

SoundBlaster Port 220 DMA 1 IRQ 5

I tried going into System Information screen to see what IRQ had been assigned to the soundcard and it seems to now be on IRQ 9. IRQ 5 is being used by the network card (Ethernet port) which I added during the reinstall to enable the sharing of broadband.

How can I change the IRQ for the network card to something else and re-assign the soundcard IRQ 5?

CLONNEN 14:34 01 Feb 2006

Is it because the network card driver was installed before the sound driver after the reinstall?

I do seem to recall that I left the sound driver till last because I had a lot of trouble tracking down the right driver for the onboard VIA soundcard.

If I Disable the Network Card AND the Sound in the Device Manager - then Enable the Sound will it put the sound back on the original IRQ settings?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?