dos mode

nobbie 10:27 03 Nov 2007

hi all, probably a stupid question, but i have a obd11 program for my cars diagnostics, but it needs to be run in dos mode..
as i have never run a program in dos, can someone please explain how to do this ( probably basic task ) thanks..

Batch 15:09 03 Nov 2007

You may well be able just to run the .exe and WIndows will take care of it (I have some DOS pgms that work fine like that).

Otherwise, if you right click the .exe and select properties then go to the Compatibility tab, you can try the different settings and see if that helps.

nobbie 15:26 03 Nov 2007

if i try to open the program in windows it just comes up that there is an error and the program needs to close...
will give your other suggestion a try..

nobbie 15:32 03 Nov 2007

I have downloaded a different version of the same file and exactly the same thing is happening.. just in case the first file was corrupt..

Fingees 15:55 03 Nov 2007

You can try this, it might help

click here

octal 19:15 03 Nov 2007

You could use a DOS emulator like Dosbox click here that will run in the Windows environment

woodchip 20:45 03 Nov 2007

As you have loaded the Pogram to windows, go to programs\Dose Mode type the exe file that runs it and press enter if you do not know the run file go to Windows Explorer, most likely been loaded ith Program Files. Look for the program then look for the .exe file among all in the list of files It most likely will have a icon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?